20 Ways To Spruce Up Your Kitchen and Add Value to Your Home ? On a Budget
The kitchen is one of the rooms that traditionally sells houses.
Most experts agree that it's not always practical to remodel a
kitchen, but you can benefit in the long run if you spend time on
minor improvements and general sprucing up.
- Consider painting your kitchen
cabinets if they are in need of a full overhaul. Nothing
changes the look of a kitchen faster!
- If you don't want the hard work that goes into total
repainting, consider removing a cupboard door to make a display
cabinet. Or, you can cut out the middle of the doors, leaving a
two-inch space all around. Staple fabric panels to the backs of the
doors. Cover the staples with fabric trim glued with a hot glue
- To give your cabinets a special flair, use three
different stains. Use one lighter stain on the upper cabinets, one
slightly darker on the drawers and an even darker one on the bottom
- Update your cabinets with special memories. Attach
frames painted or stained to match the cabinets to the front of
each door. Fill the frames with family photos or your children's
artwork. Add mountain themed décor to the kitchen, a popular
option in Big
Bear real estate.
- One of the simplest ways to add flavor to your
kitchen is to install new
cabinet hardware. A popular shape is long and rectangular
rather than simply round and traditional.
- Let molding add some flair. Panel or picture molding
redefines the flat doors and drawers while elaborate crown molding,
placed where cabinets meet the ceiling, creates a classic look,
sure to draw attention.
- Expand space with drawer organizers.
- Take out a few drawers and insert low baskets in
- Use a bead-board to
update your backsplash. Have your local home improvement store
cut it to length and attach with nails or adhesives.
- Pick up inexpensive plate hangers from the hardware
store and hang the saucers from your good china around the
backsplash, or as a border.
- Dress up your windows. Terry cloth tea towel
café curtains are quick and easy to make and they will help
to give your kitchen a new look. Also consider wood blinds and
Roman shades to add style.
- Just adding one or two accessories or reorganization
of some you already have will make a change in your kitchen.
- Mend leaky faucets and remove stains from the
kitchen counter and sink.
- Get rid of old appliances. Many people are going for
the heavy-duty, modern, efficient look of stainless steel.
- Get a double-basin sink to make separating and
cleaning dishes and pots quick and easy.
- Pullout sink faucets are easy to use; provide
greater flexibility when cleaning large pots, and make sink
cleaning a breeze.
- Use bottom basin racks, wire rinse baskets, cutting
boards and colanders to keep everything you need at your
- Consider changing the tiles of your
- The proper lighting in your kitchen can make it or
break it. A popular choice is track lighting.
- Grow plants from seed on your windowsills. Even
grass seed has become very vogue.
By Adam O"Connor Lake Arrowhead Real
GREAT DEAL ALERT! The Washington DC, Baltimore, and Virginia area is currently enjoying a surplus of Kitchen Contractors who want to compete for your kitchen project.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR KITCHEN PROJECT
Check out some of these popular projects in the Ashburn area: