12 Affordable Ways to Brighten Your Home's Facade
Whether you're in the market to sell your home or just want to
boost its curb appeal, these twelve handy tips can give you the
advantage you want. The best part? They are all relatively
inexpensive and quick!
Boost Your Home's Curb Appeal
- Liven up your yard with a hardy and quick-flowering
tree. Surround the tree with plenty of mulch and surround that with
a few flowering plants to draw even more visual interest.
- Speaking of plants, consider flower boxes in your
windows and on the porch. Fill them with soil, drop in the seeds,
douse it all with water, and let the sunlight do the rest.
- Evergreen shrubs are the perfect way to hide that
unsightly foundation wall or that awkward corner where nothing else
seems to grow.
- Add some sparkle by cleaning the windows inside and
out. If you have to climb a ladder to reach the windows outside, be
sure to have a buddy with you, just in case!
- Light up your porch with a new light fixture. Even a
small wall-mounted and battery-powered fixture can do wonders for
- Invest in a new mailbox. Choose something that
mimics the look of your home, or go with a unique style that
catches the eye of those who drive past it.
- Straighten up the garage or carport. It's easy to
let things pile up in the garage or underneath your carport, but it
can quickly become an eyesore. Spend a day cleaning it out!
- Fertilize your
lawn and work toward a lush, green blanket that your neighbors
envy. Want to spend a bit more money? Invest in sprinklers to keep
the lawn watered and growing.
- Trim, then trim some more. Cut low-hanging branches,
overgrown shrubs, and even the spaces in the sidewalk. Neat accents
around your home add to its visual appeal.
- Add large house numbers to the outside of your home.
Not only is it an attractive look, it's also a matter of
safety--emergency services can find your house much faster if it is
- Touch up the paint on the trim, put a fresh coat on
the porch railings, and spruce up your outbuildings in an
afternoon. Got vinyl siding? Give it a
- A lovely, tinkling wind chime, a high-flying flag,
or solar lights lining the walkway can all add to the charm of your
home, making it appear open and inviting.
Spruce up your home and make a great first impression!
About the author: Shannon
Dauphin is a freelance writer based near Nashville, Tennessee. Her
house was built in 1901, so home repair and renovation have become
GREAT DEAL ALERT! The Washington DC, Baltimore, and Virginia area is currently enjoying a surplus of Kitchen Contractors who want to compete for your kitchen project.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR KITCHEN PROJECT
Check out some of these popular projects in the Ashburn area: