12 Affordable Ways to Brighten Your Home's Facade
Whether you're in the market to sell your home or just want to boost its curb appeal, these twelve handy tips can give you the advantage you want. The best part? They are all relatively inexpensive and quick!
Boost Your Home's Curb Appeal
- Liven up your yard with a hardy and quick-flowering tree. Surround the tree with plenty of mulch and surround that with a few flowering plants to draw even more visual interest.
- Speaking of plants, consider flower boxes in your windows and on the porch. Fill them with soil, drop in the seeds, douse it all with water, and let the sunlight do the rest.
- Evergreen shrubs are the perfect way to hide that unsightly foundation wall or that awkward corner where nothing else seems to grow.
- Add some sparkle by cleaning the windows inside and out. If you have to climb a ladder to reach the windows outside, be sure to have a buddy with you, just in case!
- Light up your porch with a new light fixture. Even a small wall-mounted and battery-powered fixture can do wonders for your entryway.
- Invest in a new mailbox. Choose something that mimics the look of your home, or go with a unique style that catches the eye of those who drive past it.
- Straighten up the garage or carport. It's easy to let things pile up in the garage or underneath your carport, but it can quickly become an eyesore. Spend a day cleaning it out!
- Fertilize your lawn and work toward a lush, green blanket that your neighbors envy. Want to spend a bit more money? Invest in sprinklers to keep the lawn watered and growing.
- Trim, then trim some more. Cut low-hanging branches, overgrown shrubs, and even the spaces in the sidewalk. Neat accents around your home add to its visual appeal.
- Add large house numbers to the outside of your home. Not only is it an attractive look, it's also a matter of safety--emergency services can find your house much faster if it is clearly marked.
- Touch up the paint on the trim, put a fresh coat on the porch railings, and spruce up your outbuildings in an afternoon. Got vinyl siding? Give it a thorough cleaning.
- A lovely, tinkling wind chime, a high-flying flag, or solar lights lining the walkway can all add to the charm of your home, making it appear open and inviting.
Spruce up your home and make a great first impression!
About the author: Shannon Dauphin is a freelance writer based near Nashville, Tennessee. Her house was built in 1901, so home repair and renovation have become her hobbies.
Check out some of these popular projects in the Redmond area: